We are happy to announce that our trusted setup ceremony is now complete.
With a record 1114 contributions this was by far the largest Trusted Setup Ceremony to date. By comparison, all other trusted setup ceremonies had less than 200 participants. Just as we hoped, everything went smoothly and we would like to thank the Ethereum Community for their support and participation.
- A full list of participants can be found here
- There were a total of 1114 contributions.
- Of those, 450 provided their identity while 664 remained anonymous.
- There were 259 public attestation tweets.
- 54 contributions were made using Rust source code.
- The ceremony ran for 10 days
What has changed?
An archive with all contributions, results, and all related data can be downloaded here. Blake2 checksum of the archive:
We have updated all Verifier keys in all of Tornado.cash instances. Their respective tx hashes can be found below:
Therefore, to interact with the updated tornado.cash smart contracts the prover keys have to be updated as well. The good news is that we have already done it on our UI.
Is tornado.cash unstoppable yet?
Almost! In just a few days, after we ensure that everything works as intended, we will set the operator address to
0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000 so that no one ever will be able to modify it. This will make tornado.cash fully trustless, decentralized and forever unstoppable!